Friday, March 4, 2011

Feel Good Friday - Little Girl Saved By A Stranger

I'm a voracious reader. Magazines, books, articles, and especially news items consume a significant part of my life. I own a television but don't have satellite or cable and apart from watching a movie with my boys, rarely turn it on. I get fed up with the endless stories of tragedy, heartache, betrayal and "blood & guts" as I refer to it.
I have found that I am infinitely happier in my life when I don't listen to it. I stay very informed about the news of the day especially as it can affect my little corner of the world but apart from that I could care less.

I do however, love to hear real-life stories of triumph, perserverance and personal sacrifice for the greater good. Those stories that lift you up and make you proud to be in my case an American but in yours wherever you call home. The stories that renew your faith in your god, country and fellow man. The ones that bring a smile to your face later that day, week or month. Those are the ones that we don't hear enough about and this is my small effort to change that.......

Read this story from the Fresno Bee.....
Good Samaritan's actions save abducted Fresno girl

A Good Samaritan who spotted a suspected kidnapper and cut him off in traffic rescued an abducted Fresno girl Tuesday.
"It was truly a miracle of God," said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer in announcing the arrest of a 24-year-old gang member on suspicion of kidnapping the 8-year-old girl from in front of her central Fresno home Monday night.
Dyer had special praise for the man who rescued the girl, but chose to not name him, he said, because he is a witness and could complicate prosecution by speaking publicly before a trial.
But in an interview with KFSN (Channel 30.1), Fresno resident Victor Perez said he had been following the story and saw the suspect's pickup in front of his home a couple of blocks from the girl's house Tuesday morning.
He said he recognized the truck from its description -- a red pickup with white stripes on the sides -- on a news program.

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer hugs Patricia Cardena at the conclusion of a news conference Tuesday that announced the arrest of a suspect in the Monday night kidnapping. Cardenas' 8-year-old daughter the abductor early Tuesday morning
This story renews my faith in humanity....This random stranger, without a doubt, saved a life....  What did you think of this story? 


No comments: