Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays! Dutch Oven Peaches & Cream Cake

It's already that time of the week again!  Time to post another great recipe for the readers (and myself) to enjoy.  I'm confident the readers enjoy them as a result of the traffic, and there is not the slightest doubt that I do because I get to eat the results!!  I've noticed that I have had to cook less or perhaps post less recipes because my waistline couldn't stand it!!  How do you veteran bloggers stay so beautiful when you're cooking and posting all the time??

As promised, I am continuing with the Dutch Oven recipes for the next few weeks.  You can find all of my Dutch Oven recipes as well as a lot of great information by clicking the tabs below the blog header.  I truly love cooking in them and people are fascinated by it whether it be the concept or maybe it causes them to think outside the box.  It is simply the easiest way to cook that I have found.  You can obviously take it outdoors on a camping or hunting trip and even cook inside the house with it as I often do.  Other than leaving something in a bit too long (once or twice at the most)  I have never had anything turn out less than wonderful.  I highly recommend it and would be happy to give pointers to those of you that wish to buy a quality Dutch Oven.

Lets get to the recipe!  It is as follows.

Ingredients:


• 3/4 c. self-rising flour  (I used Bob's Red Mill GF and added baking powder)

• 1 pkg. cheesecake or vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 ounce)

• 3 tbsp. butter, softened

• 1 egg

• 1/2 c. milk

• 1 lg (about 28 ounces) can sliced peaches, drained

• 8 oz. cream cheese, softened

• 1/2 c. sugar

• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar

 
Preparation:


Mix together first 5 ingredients. Spread in lightly greased (deep) pie plate or casserole.

Arrange peaches over batter.

Beat the cream cheese, sugar and 3 tablespoons peach juice for about 2 minutes. Spread over peaches, leaving a 1-inch border.


Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over cream cheese mixture. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in 350 degree preheated oven.

Cool and refrigerate.

 
This dessert is in the refrigerator right now so like you, I only have the pictures to go by.....It looks remarkably similar to the before baking picture with just a little bit of cake showing around the edges.  This was super easy and fun to make and with all of those ingredients, it HAS to be good!!  As promised, I have posted the video testimonial of Joseph from Tulsa, OK who took Dr. Wise Formula II Intestinal Calm....Don't miss it!!
 
Enjoy!!
 

10 comments:

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Yum, camping or not!

Anonymous said...

This one will come in handy next time the power is knocked out by an ice storm and I send my daughter outside to cook with the Dutch oven to relieve her technology withdrawal.

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

Yum!

I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday and share a recipe (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/2010/09/brand-new-whats-cooking-wednesday.html)!

Hope to see you there :)

Hunger and Thirst said...

J- How did you know that I just picked all the peaches off my tree? How sweet of you to put up this recipe just in time to save me! Thanks for linking with Hearth and Soul.

Heather S-G said...

I love the sound of this one!! I bet it'd be a hit with my kids, too...all peach lovers. Thank you for sharing this with the hearth and soul hop this week :)

The Wise Alternative 918-836-0565 said...

Thanks Melynda!

Wendy, My boys are young and they are already learning how to cook with them. I think it's great for the kids to learn Dutch Oven cooking!

Wacki04, I will check you out! Thanks for stopping by!!

Butter, I just knew down deep that you needed this recipe! Damsels in distress & all that. Lol...Thanks!


Heather, if my kids don't hurry up there won't be any left!! Thanks!

Christy said...

Everytime I read on of your dutch oven recipes I have to take a moment and mourn the loss of mine (do I mention it everytime too??LOL) This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at hearth and soul!

Unknown said...

cool recipe..looks mouthwatering!! stopping in from Tempt My Tummy Tuesday on a Thursday:):) I'm your newest follower!!

http://lusciousdeals.blogspot.com
http://mpuanani.blogspot.com

a moderate life said...

Jay-man! You dirty RAT! Oh how I love peaches and then you go and make THIS? Why, why do i EVER visit here when I am hungry? What a lovely recipe and thanks so much as always for being so supportive and linking to the hearth and soul hop! :) hugs! Alex@amoderatelife

The Wise Alternative 918-836-0565 said...

Christy, I would be sad too if I were in your Dutch Oven-less shoes! Tell your husband that Christmas is coming up! Hint, hint... Thanks!

Maopa I'm glad you're here and thanks so much for following!!

Alex, I have eaten soooo many peaches this year and sadly will have to stop soon.... Speaking of stopping....that dessert makes a tasty breakfast! Thanks