Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do You Dutch Oven?? - Dr. Pepper Beans

 If you haven't done it yet....This is a shameless request for you to follow my blog by clicking on the RSS feed....or with the Google Follow Me button on the left colum of the page.  Thank you!

If you're already following....it's good to see you again!  People say that time seems to drag in the winter for them but everytime I turn around....another month has gone by.

My internet has been extremely finicky as of late and as a result...I've been doing a lot of running to get my computer work done.  It makes me wonder how in the world we got things done before the internet??  I remember the pagers and the early model cell phones....The phones were either bag style or as big as a brick with a foot long antenna.....those were the days....

Since I'm in a rambling mood today I better get right to it.  This weeks Dutch oven post is a new recipe I received from A Happy Camper.  The site is run by Donna and she has been kind enough to sell me all of the Dutch oven goodies that I cook with.  A great selection and very efficient service with fast shipping is the rule...not the exception with her.  By the way....this is an off the cuff, completely unpaid endorsement...that's   just how I feel about the folks over there. :-))  Let's get to the recipe!

Ingredients: 
  • 2 - 28 oz. Cans Pork and Beans
  • 2 Bell Peppers, chopped
  • 2 Small Onions, chopped
  • 2 Tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
  • 1- 16 oz. can Pineapple Tidbits
  • 1 lb. Summer Sausage, sliced
  • 1 Can Dr. Pepper

Combine beans, onions, tomatoes, sausage, pineapple and pepper in a 12" dutch oven. In a bowl combine remaining ingredients.  Add the Dr. Pepper and stir until sugar dissolves. Pour over beans. Cover and cook 30-45 minutes.

This will call for 10 briquettes on the bottom and 15 on top of your dutch oven when using a dutch oven table. You should have about 350 degrees in your oven. Just wait for the smell then you will know it is done.

Very good recipe if I do say so myself....and I do!  The pineapple gave it a great flavor that went very well with the sausage, beans and even the garlic!  Definitely will be making this again....

I seem to be anti-technology this week as I'm having problems loading the camera pics to the computer.  If you will be so kind.....I will have some posted by Monday for sure.

Enjoy!!

This post is part of the following blog carnivals.....Go check out these great sites!!

Pennywise Platter Thursday


No comments: